Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Washi to the Rescue!

Hi friends, it's Mary Ann here with you today!

I've been seeing these really cute wreaths made out of patterned paper, and wanted to make one too. I started with the design I would use in the center, finished it, set it aside and went on to the actual wreath part. I had everything all ready to put together and realized the orange in my papers did not go with the orange crepe paper in the center piece. Now what?   Washi to the rescue!!!

 
To tone down the orange on my patterned paper pieces, I added a strip of washi to cover some of the orange color.  It made such a difference, and looked like I had planned it from the beginning!!  Just one more reason to love the washi tape ;)


All in all, for being the first wreath I've made, it turned out pretty cute! I may even try making another one at Christmas time.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!