Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We love snow - and fabric tape!

Hello!  Jaclyn here today to share a scrapbook page with you.  I've had a stack of pretty LMT fabric tapes sitting at my work space, that I've been dying to use!




Aren't they pretty?  That light blue one looks just like the print on a cozy, warm, winter sweater, to me.  As I've been admiring these pretty tapes and enjoying the newly fallen snow out my kitchen window, I was reminded that I have yet to scrapbook some of my favorite snow pictures from last year.  So, I got to work with some patterned papers, a few punches, sequins and most importantly - that cozy blue tape to put together this festive page.



Since my title runs through the center of my design, overlapping a portion of each of my four photos, I knew I would need to do something to help it stand out.  A wide vellum notched banner helps to separate the title from the background photos.  However, I found that the vellum ultimately made the title blend a little too much into the background.



A strip of coordinating cardstock, machine stitching and that pretty blue fabric tape solved my dilemma!  The tape creates a nice 'frame' on both sides of the title, to draw your eye to the text then the photos.

 
 

Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today!  I hope I've inspired you to pull out your stash of fabric tapes and add them to your next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!