Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Writing with Washi

Hello! Tessa Buys here with a page from my new project, an art journal. I'm not a very painty, artsy, messy art journaler, so my designs are clean and simple. What better medium to incorporate into that aesthetic than washi tape?


For this page, I used a very pretty pink and light yellow airmail stripe from Love My Tapes. I thought the colors of the tape contrasted and complemented the flower die cuts well.


I adhered strips of tape to the page as lines for my writing - well, stamping. Because I wanted the tape lines to be a loose guide for my stamps, I knew some of the stamps would overlap the tape. I needed an ink that would stamp well on both the paper and the washi tape, so I chose my black Staz-On ink.


Do you use washi tape in your art journaling? If so, I hope you'll look to Love My Tapes for a great selection of designs. Be sure to stop by my blog today for the second page in this book, also featuring washi and stamping.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!