Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Add a Little Grunge to your Washi Tape!

Hello Love My Tapes fans!  Susie here today sharing a fun and grungy layout of my husband and son working together on a little car maintenance!  When my husband was in college he worked in a garage and picked up lots of skills that have saved us a ton of money over the years.  I am happy to say he is passing that knowledge on to the next generation!

I used the Navy Blue Spray Painted Numbers washi on this project because the color matches the jacket my son is wearing in the pictures.  It also matches the blue in the chevron paper and the "Gasoline" tag on the layout.  The grungy paint splattered design on the tape matches the feel I was trying to create on the layout.

The only issue I had was that the white on the washi was a little too bright.  Fortunately, I have a super simple trick for fixing that!  I adhered a piece of the tape onto my craft mat and then applied some color with a blending tool.  I used the same ink that I used on other elements on the layout. 
The washi tape does not absorb a lot of color, so even though the ink looks very orange, you can see in the pictures below that it just made those areas into an "off white."


You can find the tape I used on this layout - and lots more - at the Love My Tapes Etsy store!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play (with washi tape) today!

2 comments:

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!