Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Off To School ~Using Washi Tape on Your Layout

Hello Love My Tapes fans!  Lynn here today sharing my first post as a LMT designer!

I love using washi tape on my layouts.  There are so many different things you can do.  From creating your own background, to embellishments, to tearing it up to add some texture!

Here is what I created for you today:


First off I used the Rainbow Faded Stripes washi tape to create the border on each side of my layout..  Then I added some strips of  paper that I had in my stash and inked along the edges.  You can see in the photo below how I've tucked torn pieces of washi tape between the patterned papers.


I added some machine stitching directly on the washi tape for a fun effect.


I used Turquoise, Birds & Floral washi tape to create part of my title.  I simply adhered strips to a white piece of cardstock, then cut out the word "school" by hand.  Then I matted my word to another piece of white cardstock, cut it out, and traced around the letters.  I also used the School Lined washi tape to mat my photo!

An easy and fun way to use your tapes!

Here is a list of the items I used from Love My Tapes.  
Click on the link to go directly to the Etsy Store :D
School lined Washi tape - notebook Masking tape - Love My Tapes
School Lined washi tape
Faded Stripes Washi Tape -Rainbow - wrapping tape - decorative tape - Love My Tapes
Rainbow Faded Stripes washi tape
Japanese washi tape- Turquoise bird and floral- masking tape -Love My Tapes
Turquoise, Birds & Floral washi tape
Music notes Washi tape - blank and white masking tape - Love My Tapes
Music Notes washi tape
Double sided adhesive tape - Tape Runner - Love My Tapes - 33' length - 1 tape runners - total 33' long
Double sided adhesive
Thanks for popping in!

What will you create with your LMT washi?


4 comments:

  1. I love all the details! The layered borders you created are awesome and I love that you used tape to create the photo mat. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun layout! Love all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the border with machine stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love the handcut washi title!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!